Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

chocolate lovaaa!

Happy Easter



I hope everyone is having a great Easter Sunday with loved ones :) I have already had a productive day :) I woke up at 10 am, made breakfast, finished the squares for the potluck, made a sweet potato casserole (It is in the oven now, so I will post the recipe and photos later on today) went for a run and cleaned my kitchen! SUPER YO!



I started today with
The usual Breaky - 1/4 cup of oats, 1 scoop of protein powder of choice, 1 tbsp of maple syrup, 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp of almond butter , 1 small blob of Greek yogurt , topped with kashi go lean crunch for a bit of crunch :)

I also finished these :)

I made Angela's Ohsheglows GLOW Cakes and Peanut Butter Cups. I revised her recipe a bit and made it my own way but i give her mega props for the delicious recipe!!!




For the peanut butter cups I took


1/2 cup of vegan butter - I used Earth balance


3/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter - I just used the natural kind from the bulk barn


3/4 cup of vegan graham cracker squares - or if non vegan regular will work also


1/4 cup of sucanut - brown sugar will work to but I try'd to make them a bit healthier


1 cup of non dairy chocolate chips - either dark chocolate or carob chips (again bulk barn)


1/4 cup of almond milk


1 tbsp of chia seeds (bulk barn)


1-2 tbsp ground almonds



Directions : Take muffin liners and line a pan or muffin tin with them. I got 12 peanut butter cups out of the recipe. Melt butter over low-medium heat and add in PB and graham crackers, sucanut or sugar. Combine well. Remove from heat and evenly divide the mixture into the muffin liners. Next, combine the almond milk and chocolate into another sauce pan until melted. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter cups. Top with chia seeds and almonds. Freeze for about 1 hour until firm. Serve and enjoy :)


These are a great alternative for Reese's which is G's all time favorite! He also loves Reese's ice cream so I am going to come up with a vegan soft serve ice cream in the vita mix and add these in ...YUM!



For the Glo Cakes



1 large banana


1/2 cup of oats


1/4 cup of crisp rice cereal


1 tbsp of pure maple syrup


1 tbsp of peanut butter ( her recipe called for 1/2 tbsp but I love me some PB)


1 Tbsp of chocolate chips - her recipe called for cocoa nibs but I didn't have any


1 tsp cocoa powder


unsweetened coconut for topping



Directions : Mash banana in medium size bowl, add cocoa powder , Pb, maple syrup until well combined. Now stir in oats, chocolate chips and rice cereal. Divide into 4-5 cakes in a muffin liner. Sprinkle with coconut and freeze for 60 Min's. Serve immediately and enjoy :)



I love trying new recipes :)




I also went for a 5 km run



This is what I ate for din din last night SOOOO GOOD!


I took extra lean ground turkey, black beans, organic brown rice, salsa and stir it together with salt and pepper topped with an egg white with some hawt sauce! delicious! Super filling!


I also had some strawberries , a green drink and some dry cereal to snack on at work :)




Well Guys I am off to my friends potluck! I hope you all have a fab day and enjoy every minute of your long weekend however you are celebrating! I will see you all later.


Xo Yo G

No comments:

Post a Comment