Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

detox day 1

Good evening everyone!:) I had mega slow Internet today so I apologize for the late blogging ( I know I promised a few people I would post recipes from some recent eats I posted on fb :) ) Before I get to that let me recap the past few days.





  • Gman had a accident and dislocated his knee and is on crutches :S

  • I played nurse for my gimpy bf :)

  • I ate ice cream for the first time in a long time, and enjoyed it...then felt sick lol

  • We started the 3 week detox "DELICIOUS DETOX" by naturopathic Doctor Carol Morley :)

  • I had my first run since my surgery! 5.5 weeks!


Gimpy but still sexci ...* swoon* note - I was laughing sooo hard as he was driving his "cart" around walmart.. poor guy love him!


So today was day one of the detox - so far so good! The night before the detox G and I decided to be bad... we bought a tub of ice cream and made giant sundaes ...first time in AGES.. we did not feel so good as we rarely have milk products...but we survived and enjoyed it ha ha!

On today's menu was a smoothie for breakfast it contained fresh mango, diced pineapple, strawberries, almond milk 1 scoop of hemp protein powder , tablespoon of flax seed oil and a small blob of almond butter - it looks nasty but tasted great! the color is due to the hemp protein





This filled me for about 3 hours. I cleaned the house, did laundry, played nurse, and prepped food. The key to eating healthy is food prep!! Take one day a week and prepare a lot of things in advance hummus , a whole chicken , tubs of rice, quinoa etc. I made a roast chicken from the detox book for dinner.



By far the best chicken I EVER made! I cannot legally post the recipe because of copyright issues, but let me tell you , day one of this detox has been the best food I have eaten in a long time! very flavorful and full of nutrients!The chicken had fennel bulbs, onions, celery,carrots, lemon and spices...YUM! I highly recommend this book even for non detox purposes! It is great to use it to try new recipes :)


We gobbled the chicken up along with a side of spicy sweet potato salad ( again from the book ) for dinner.It contained all of my favorite things - adzuki beans - great for folate and iron , sweet potatoes - great for carbs, peppers, spices and more. It only took about 25 Min's to make! I have a giant food baby as we speak!





Other recent eats from today are


Frozen blueberries and Pineapple , homemade hummus with rice cakes and sesame crackers. For the hummus I took


  • 1 can of chicken peas rinse and drained

  • 1-2 tablespoons of tahini

  • 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice

  • 1 tsp of paprika

  • 1 tsp sea salt/pepper

  • 1 tsp of garlic

  • 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil + 1 tbsp for drizzling

BLEND IN FOOD PROCESSOR TILL FULLY MIXED. Drizzle with evoo :)








Well , I am off to relax and hang out with the boy.. I am a bit tired from my 20 min run today... it was a bit hard I am not gonna lie... 5.5 weeks off sucked!


I will see ya's all tomorrow with some more delicious eats! xo


YoG



No comments:

Post a Comment