Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sunny Days & Juice :)

Hey Guys/Gals



I have been HOOKED on this lately! 100 percent organic carrot juice , hellz yaaaa ... plus the nutrition stats are pretty stella! Only 70 calories per 250 ml, 0 grams of fat, 15 grams of sugars ( all natural ) and the vitamins are crazy - 370% of daily vitamin A Sold! - I prefer to juice my own veg's but Costco had 3 of these on sale for $7 :) Quick healthy easy fix



Hope everyone is enjoying there short work week :) It is a beautiful day here in Edmonton today. The weather has been beautiful for the past few weeks I'M LOVING IT! I have been getting outside to do some of this

Those stairs/running across the bridge and back + a mile run + squats and lunges combined with lots of yoga lately = sore legs today! Today I am taking a day off to re coop and get back in the fitness regime tomorrow :)

I started today with the usual



1/4 cup oats, 1/2 scoop protein powder - I need to order Sun warrior ... I am out and have been using a substitute :( - 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 tsp maple syrup, cinnamon, 1/2 banana + strawberries some crunchy cereal I found in my pantry for the topping ! Twas delicious!


I went out to tackle my to do list and stopped for one of these mid way

- Parsley

- Spinach

- Celery

- Carrots




Yum ! I needed some nutrients ! G had a Mind Over Matcha as it has a whopping 30 grams of protein per smoothie so he was all over that like white on rice :)



We just got home and are a bit hungry so we are off to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant for din din - G is tired of seeing me slave in the kitchen and is treating me to dinner tonight cute right :) I will leave you with the recipe for the sweet potato casserole I made and a few eats from the past few days xo !
Sweet potato casserole with a chicken breast seasoned with salt + pepper ( I ate a few bites of the chicken and all of the casserole - to be honest I feel "meat ed" out. I need some vegan dishes in my life starting tomorrow. I see black bean burgers in my very near future.


This was from Easter. I feasted. I did not eat all of what you see on that plate, but I did a good dent at it. It just goes to show you can "cheat" every now and then. I usually only have gravy, stuffing etc when its a holiday. I made my own vegan stuffing and gravy 2 Christmas's ago for G and I... it was OK, not great so I will have to tackle it again soon; however, our friends were AMAZING Easter Hosts and GREAT cooks :) we felt very blessed and owe them a nice meal in the future as our belly's thanked us and them ha ha. Great to have such amazing friends.



Here is the Sweet potato casserole
I adapted this recipe from Angela over at Ohsheglows but made minor changes to mine



  • 4 large sweet potatoes ( diced and boiled)

  • 2 tbsp vegan butter ( I used earth balance)

  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract

  • 5-6 tbsp maple syrup

  • 1 tsp nutmeg

  • 2 tsp cinnamon ( I used extra I love cinnamon)

Topping



  • 1/4 cup earth balance or vegan butter melted

  • 1/2 cup sucanut or brown sugar

  • 1/3 cup spelt flour ( or whatever you have handy)

  • 1/2 cup walnuts ( pecans would have been better but I was out )

Directions :


Pre heat oven to 350 , lightly grease 2 qt casserole dish , I used extra virgin olive oil cooking spray but canola oil will work great! Boil sweet potatoes till cooked, mash and add in maple syrup, vanilla, nutmeg & cinnamon. Combine well. Pour into casserole dish. Mix the topping together till well combined and pour evenly over mixture. Bake for 45 Min's give or take. Check on it frequently, when the topping looks a bit darkened and hardened it should be done :) Serves 8-10 Enjoy :)

Hope you all have a great night and will see you all tomorrow morning with some Vietnamese pics and perhaps a power cookie and black bean burger recipe xo!


Yo G

No comments:

Post a Comment