Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hump Day :)

Good Afternoon Bloggies!

How is everyone today ? I slept in till noon today as per usual - I am a night hawk and often am not in bed till 3-4 am. I woke up and stumbled to the kitchen and made the usual




  • 1/4 cup of oats

  • 1/2 scoop of protein powder

  • 1 tbsp of almond butter

  • 1 tsp of maple syrup

  • heaping spoonful of cinnamon

  • 1/2 banana + 2 strawberries

  • 1 tbsp of Greek yogurt

Twas delicious !!


Last night before work , I decided to make up a new dish I have yet to try. Sun dried tomato + Feta stuffed chicken breasts!



I added 1/4 cup of wholegrain brown rice, green beans and broccoli slaw salad ( for the salad I took a bag of broccoli slaw - you can find it at most grocery stores and stirred in 1 tbsp of



*Lemon Ginger Sesame Dressing

topped with almond slivers








For the chicken , I took 3 chicken breasts - the recipe could do 4 , but I only used 3 - and flattened them till they were thin. For the stuffing I took :


  • 1/2 cup light feta cheese

  • 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes - soaked for 5 Min's in boiling water removed from heat ( I cut them into small pieces before soaking them in the water)

  • 1 tsp of oregano

  • 1 tbsp of fresh basil

  • sprinkle of pepper


I combined all of this into a small bowl and mixed until well combined. I took a good spoonful of the mix and put it in the center of the flattened chicken breast and begin to roll/fold the chicken over the mix - I used toothpicks to secure the chicken in place so no filling was coming out the sides. I put the chicken on top of tinfoil on a baking sheet sprinkled with lemon juice and pepper


I cooked at 400 for about 25 Min's :) This was by far one of my favorite chicken recipes!

I cleaned my entire plate!! :)



After supper I was off to work , were I brought a green drink with me , and 2 plain rice cakes with almond butter and raspberry jam between them - its my new addiction! The green drink had


3 BIG handfuls of spinach

1 green apple

1 kiwi

lemon juice Water filled to the top of my vita mix - blend well add ice and serve :)


Green drinks for me are my life savor! I do not get all the greens I should in a day and find drinking them makes it ALOT easier. The vita mix is wonderful for liquefying everything , but I am looking into buying a juicer to try different veggies - carrots, beets etc.





I drank the green drink, had my rice cakes and had a few jelly belly's from the candy jar at work :)


I mentioned yesterday that I was going to do a post of my fave foods that I always have at home, and are VERY common staples in my meals and everyday life.



Organic spinach

Bananas tea - chai & green & other favorites black beans

chickpeas - great for hummus!

organic Fresh fruit - oranges, apples,melon etc

Organic veggies - broccoli,sweet potatoes,

green beans - etc Almond butter sliced almonds

chia seeds! - very good for you Maca powder - can be purchased at bulk barn great for smoothies, ALMOND MILK, Oats

Sucanut for baking, maple syrup for baking, unsweetened coconut for baking, dates, dark chocolate for snackage ha ha. I eat lots , but these are items I usually always have on hand :) Some days I am vegan, some days I eat meat ... some days I have eggs other times I go a week without any animal product , so it varies :) I DO NOT use sugar or bleached products of any kind. For baking I often make my own flour using grounded oats, or use spelt, W.W., or kamut flour :)


Well folks, I am off to go for a walk it is another beautiful day in Edmonton today :) I am going to dinner with a few girl friends tonight so I will keep you posted on today's events ...I am tackling my to do list bright and early

- call tax person to do my taxes ( I am very late this year :S )

- get my car registered

-gym, tanning

-hang with my Partner in crime - gman :)


Talk to you all soon xo


Yo





No comments:

Post a Comment