Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Better Late Than Never....

Hello Friends, It has been a LONG time since I have blogged last! Not that I didn't want to, or intend to, but I was UBER busy. Since I last posted I have moved into a new apartment with G ( that was way back in the fall), celebrated holidays, travelled to Miami TWICE, ate amazing cuisine, and had new additions added to my chest - ha ha. I am over the top excited about getting back to blogging, as healthy eating and exercise is very important to me, not only is it something I do, it is a Hobby and I am very passionate in helping others attain the goals they have set for themselves on the road to a happier, healthier and all around better YOU. I have set new goals for myself the past few months , one is looking to go back to school and get my nutrition credentials and personal training - I feel I am more self educated and do not need a 1-2 year course, so if anyone knows of any amazing courses that certify you in both the United States and Canada let me know ( G and I are looking to relocate to Florida in the next 1-2 years and I want to hopefully open my own business in the health and wellness field :) Until then, I am discovering new foods, new exercises and working hard everyday :) So I woke up today with my belly growling - this is a usual thing! I often roll out of bed and dart for the cupboard and fridge, my body is so used to eating first thing :) Good thing breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I started today off with a bowl of the usual

  • * 1/4 cup of oats


  • * 1/2 scoop of protein powder - I use sunwarrior but whatever you have works


  • *small splash of almond milk - (if the oats get to thick after microwaving)

  • 1tbsp of almond butter

  • lots of cinnamon

  • 1 tsp of maple syrup

  • 1/2 banana

  • 1 tsp of walnuts or almond slivers :)
To make this, I add oats and protein powder together add water and stir microwave for 1.5 Min's I usually add in a SMALL splash of almond milk , the oats become very thick and I do it to make them easier to stir. I add in cinnamon and the 1tbsp of almond butter, stir - it will become creamy :) I then add 1 tsp of maple syrup to sweeten , chop the 1/2 of banana and top with the 1 tbsp walnuts or almond slivers :) It is a very healthy and delicious way to start your day. I also enjoyed this with a side of - - - -- or like 2 cups ... I am addicted to Tea lately! I can't get enough :) After breaky, G and I took a lovely walk around the neighborhood - SPRING IS HERE WHOOP When we returned I cleaned my house ( even though I am technically supposed to "Take it easy" still after surgery, but I am having a VERY hard time. I have never been this lazy in my life... even though I am allowed to use the bike at the gym I still feel like I am uber lazy :( So I have been trying my best to be productive without hurting myself. G was in the office working away and I took it into my own hands to organize and clean - I am talking intense clean ... the stove, burners removed, scrubbed, swept, cleaned the cupboards I could reach .... ya not smart, my doc wouldn't be very happy.. but I figure I am not in pain so all is fair game if I'm not hurting ha ha. By the time I was finished cleaning, my belly was hungry - and Gman was hungry also..sooo I whipped up a fast and easy lunch.

I used two slices of Steady Eddie - my new all time fave bread ! - I am NOT a bread eater, but when I saw the nutrition stats in this I had to buy it ! Sometimes trying new things and switching up your eats is good

It has per slice : 110 calories, 1gram of fat, 19 grams of carbohydrate, 5grams of fiber, 1gram of sugar, and 7 grams of protein!

It is made with all grains and has NO flour! A+ and the boy liked it to .. BONUS! I used 1 tbsp of earth balance a few blobs of honey mustard and 3 slices of natural selections turkey , oh, and some lettuce :) I had some organic tomato soup and a few carrots and tomatoes and enjoyed :)


Well, It is 6:30 pm here, and I need to get the bike out of the way at the gym, so I am off for a 10-15 mile ride and I will be back later with a post of my top kitchen/food essentials I ALWAYS HAVE ON HAND, also, my dinner from tonight and perhaps a desert recipe :) I am feeling some vegan macaroons happening :) talk to you all soon and I am happy to be back


Chow for now bloggies! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment