Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oats' N favourite Things

Good Afternoon Bloggies :)



Hope everyone is having a great day so far :) I just woke up and made GLORIOUS breakfast for the beast and I , but before I get to that I will show what I devoured last night for din din. It wasn't gourmet like I intended it to be ha ha.


After getting the gym out of the way - - I biked 10 miles , I decided to venture over to wally world to pick up a few meal supplies and roam the isles :) I could spend hours in walmart! I ended up being a good girl and only picked up a shoe rack I needed, a coat rack that you screw into the wall , unsweetened coconut - for macaroons YUM - and sun dried tomatoes for tonight's dinner :) any guesses ? Its going to be delicious and easy for anyone to make :)


When I got home I intended to make dinner, but it was 10 pm and I was not feeling a big meal... sooo, I did my usual when I'm tired - breakfast for dinner :)

Protein pancakes :) This recipe is SO easy, and great for anyone, I find G loves them because he needs alot of protein because of his size, so they are perfect. They only have 3 main ingredients!!

*cottage cheese
*oats
*eggwhites + heaping spoonful of cinnamon


I don't measure usually for this I just add to the bowl. I take 1 cup of oats - (this makes 2 servings), a heafty blob of cottage cheese and usually 3 eggwhites. I stir it all together until you get a thick mixture but still moist, enough to put it into a patty and throw into a pan.

Cook them in a little bit of canola OR extra virgin olive oil on medium heat for about 3-4 mins each side till they become hard on the exterior. After cooking put them on a plate and have a bit of fun with toppings :)





I had two small pancakes and G had 3 good size ones . I used a tbsp of almond butter , berries, unsweetened coconut, half a banana and my all time fave - Greek Yogurt! Love!

The nutrition stats are AMAZING!

It has a bit more sugars than I would like but most yogurts do, this one has almost 3/4 cup per serving! with only 140 cals , 0 grams of fat a a whopping 16 grams of protein! It is creamy , sweet and delicious:) I recommend trying it - be careful with Greek yogurts however, alot of them have ALOT of fat. The only ones I have found in the grocery stores near me that are worth eating are this one ,or the plain flavor - which tastes BLAH!



After eating , we checked emails and rented the tourist :) It was great! I love Angelina Jolie!


I woke up this morning with my stomach begging for food, so I decided since I had oats for dinner and breaky yesterday I defiantly didn't want them for breaky today! I decided to change it up and make G's fave! Eggs! I took 3 eggs and 3 egg whites - (this fed us both) and scrambled them, 1/4 cup of black beans each , a piece of Steddie Eddie Toast with almond butter and raspberry jam, and a pile of fresh fruit :) I ate about 3/4 of my meal and snuck the rest of my leftovers onto his plate ha ha - I do this alot! I never eat till I am full , only until I am satisfied. I believe in moderation , not deprivation. If I want a piece of chocolate I eat it, a small piece, not a whole bar. I eat 95 percent clean and the other 5 percent is usually a treat at some point in the day. I also switch up my eating alot. Some weeks I choose to be vegan for the week if I feel groggy and need more veggies in my diet, some weeks I have more chicken than most, etc. I listen to my body and feel this is the best way to determine how you should eat. What works for one person may not work for someone else. With my activity level it varies how I eat on a daily basis. I do not calorie count as I feel it is not realistic, however, that being said I feel that those starting out in a new eating/workout plan should write down how much they are eating, and perhaps measure certain things such as oats - 1/3 or 1/4 cup is usually a serving , you would be surprised how often people mistake 3/4 of a cup for a serving. Again whatever works for you. If you eat when you are hungry and stop when you are not and are eating wholesome nutritious foods I feel your body will go to the size it should naturally be :) Remember, NEVER eat less than 1200 calories a day! anything less than that is NOT GOOD! Let me know how you eat , and if you have any questions Leave a comment and I would be happy to answer to each and everyone:)


I am off to go for a walk, make some macaroons, and do a post on my fave things ( I didn't do it last night sorry :( ) See ya's all back this afternoon!


xoxo - Yo

No comments:

Post a Comment