Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

detox vs chocolate

Hello Friends,


Hope everyone is having a great afternoon :) I ended up calling into work sick last night , I was having such a off day and just wanted to sleep and stock up on vitamin C .... or eat a piece of chocolate lol so I did!


It was the best piece of chocolate I felt like I ever had...no joke. The words out of Gs mouth were "what are you going to tell the people on your blog, that you cheated" ha ha ... I said "NOPE, I will tell them the truth :)" Everyone often thinks I am super perfect in terms of eating, and I have extreme will power towards bad foods, well I am human and even I get cravings and when I get a craving I often try to make a healthier version of it. If I want a cupcake, I will make a vegan healthier version, If I want chocolate I will have a piece of dark etc. So clearly, because of eating the chocolate the detox has ended. I hate to say it :(. Due to Gman being gimpy ( I literally have to do everything around the house, cook, clean, help him around and go to work and gym and more, I was getting burnt out. I had a semi minor breakdown yesterday and I blame half it on myself because I was trying so hard to be perfect gf, and perfect eater. I realized at this point in time, I am not one hundred percent ready to do 3 weeks of squeaky clean eating, instead of detoxing I am going to use the recipes and continue to eat the way the book is telling me to with some yoyo modifications. I am going to most likely keep dairy out - I gave it up a while ago - besides the rare yogurt, and feel much better without it, as for the wheat - I LOVE OATS, but I am going to continue with the brown rice, quinoa and other grains. For the most part I am going to use the book to introduce me to new recipes and not stress about detoxing :) I love detoxing , but right now I just wanna eat what I wanna eat... If I want a banana I am going to eat it LOL. Different strokes for different folks :) Anyone else have any shortly ended detox stories they want to share ?


So I woke up this morning and realized I was able to have my beloved oats, so I stumbled to the kitchen and made a delicious bowl of

1/4 cup of oats, 1/2 scoop of protein powder - I am out of sun warrior :( must order more asap! no other protein powder compares - , 1/2 frozen diced banana, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tbsp of organic natural peanut butter , cinnamon and topped with a small handful of kashi cereal for crunch. Anyone else a serious cereal lover?


Well I am off to do my taxes.... :S I have been procrastinating for to long! See ya's later this afternoon xo


YoG

No comments:

Post a Comment